Cooking for yourself can sometimes be a struggle, because you have to cook almost everything in single serving proportions. Food like casserole, pie, and lasagna sound great — if you plan on eating them for the next three meals or on hosting a dinner party every day.

This marshmallow stuffed sweet potato skin recipe is perfect for just one. It tastes a lot like regular sweet potato casserole with a chewy skin and gooey center, and it only uses four ingredients.

Single-Serve Sweet Potato Casserole

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:50 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour

• 1 sweet potato
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
Photo by Hui Lin

Preheat oven to 425°F degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.

Stab the sweet potato about 10 times with a fork and place in the oven, on a baking sheet, for 35-40 minutes.

GIF by Hui Lin

Once the potato has cooled, slice it in half and scoop out the inside, leaving only a little bit surrounding the skin.

#SpoonTip: You can save the extra sweet potato for another dish, or eat it with your finished casserole. 

GIF by Hui Lin

Place the skins back on the baking sheet, face up so they look like boats, and sprinkle on cinnamon and brown sugar and bake for 10 minutes.

GIF by Hui Lin

Place the marshmallows inside the boats and bake for additional 3-5 minutes until the marshmallows are soft and puffed up. 

GIF by Hui Lin