Spoon University Logo
Recipes

Why Have Regular Hot Chocolate When You Can Have Pink Hot Chocolate??

The following recipe and excerpt for Pink Hot Chocolate are from “Entertaining with Charm: A Modern Guide to Relaxed Gatherings” by Eden Passante. It’s available for purchase on Amazon.

Rich and creamy, this eye-catching hot chocolate is made with white chocolate chips and beet powder. You can use pure beet juice in place of the powder to get a light pink color. The freshly grated nutmeg is a must, so make sure you add it.

Pink Hot Chocolate

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: minutesCook time: 5 minutesTotal time:1 hour 50 minutesServings:6 servings

Instructions

1. In a saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, honey, and salt and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly to prevent scorching. Remove the pan from the heat and add the white chocolate chips and beet powder. Let sit for 20 to 30 seconds to allow the chips to soften, and then whisk until smooth and creamy.
  2. Add the vanilla and nutmeg and whisk to mix well. Divide the hot chocolate evenly among six mugs, garnish with marshmallows, and serve at once.
Keywords:< 20 Minutes, Drinks, Hot Chocolate
Giselle Medina is the associate editor for Spoon University where she helps oversee food coverage of news, pop culture, trends, and celebrities. In her free time, Giselle is an avid TV binge-watcher and will never say no to a Real Housewives franchise, but also makes the best chocolate chip muffins (at least that's what her inner circle says). She has a huge sweet tooth and is always on the hunt for a good chocolate chip cookie. Shoot her an email at gisellemedina@hercampus.com.