Midterms stressing you out? Reading piling up? Have no fear, we have the solution: chocolate.

If you thought you couldn’t love chocolate any more, think again  chocolate has been proven to reduce stress. What better way to de-stress than with a fun new recipe?

As any true chocoholic will tell you, there is no such thing as too much chocolate. These decadent Nutella lava cookie cups are proof. This recipe will take your love for chocolate to a whole new level, and hopefully relieve all your stress along the way.

Nutella Lava Cookie Cups

• Prep Time:40 minutes
  • Cook Time:11-13 minutes
  • Total Time:53 minutes
  • Servings:22 cookie cups

• 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cup Nutella

Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.

Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for about 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy in texture.

Mix in the eggs and add the cocoa powder. Mix on low speed until the ingredients are thoroughly blended.

Add the salt, flour, and baking powder and mix on low speed until the ingredients are blended. Add in half of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Roll dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Flatten the dough into the bottom of the muffin tin mold.

Add about 1 tablespoon of Nutella to middle of each cookie cup. Make a dough ball around ½ inch in diameter and flatten to create the top of the cookie cup. Make sure to seal the sides of the cup together.

Add a few of your remaining chocolate chips to the top of each cookie.

Bake cookie cups for approximately 11 to 13 minutes.

Enjoy!

Photo by Xinwei Zeng