The always-gorgeous Karlie Kloss, is known for cool style, cool-er friends, and cool-est job. She has been a model for Victoria's Secret and Vogue and always takes over New York Fashion Week.

What you may not know about her is that she has a YouTube channel, Klossy, where she shares different aspects of her life with fans. One thing that Kloss shares videos about is her love of baking. This passion began when was just a little girl spending time in the kitchen with her grandmother and learning how to read off of recipes.

A photo posted by Karlie Kloss (@karliekloss) on

Growing up in the midwest, Karlie was raised with the idea that you never go to a neighbor's house empty-handed, so it was natural for her to use all of her spare time baking treats for the crew members at her photo shoots. As she got older and realized that health was also a big part of her life, she began altering her recipes to make them more nutritious.

As I did my usual browsing for healthy recipes, I came upon Karlie Kloss's 3-ingredient pancakes video. I quickly realized that the three ingredients (banana, egg, oats) were ones that I always have on hand, so I went ahead and made them. The result? Absolutely delicious pancakes that were healthy and filling. 

Karlie Kloss's 3-ingredient Pancakes

• 1 banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1 handful oats
  • Coconut oil for pan
banana, coffee, cake
Rachel Rosenstein

Mash the banana using a fork.

dairy product, cream
    Rachel Rosenstein

Crack an egg into the bowl and mix with the mashed banana.

egg, flour, dairy product, egg yolk, sweet, milk
    Rachel Rosenstein

Add a handful of oats into the banana, egg mixture and combine. (Add oats until the batter is the consistency shown in the photo below.)

cereal, sweet, porridge, wheat, milk
    Rachel Rosenstein

Put coconut oil on a pan over medium heat and scoop the batter onto the oiled pan. Cook for about two minutes on each side, depending on size.

#SpoonTip: The smaller the pancakes, the easier they are to flip and the faster they cook.

Rachel Rosenstein

This is an optional step. Add berries, seeds, chocolate chips or nut butters to the batter for flavored pancakes. Enjoy!

bacon
    Rachel Rosenstein