No doubt you’ve had buckets of candy stashed in your room when you were a kid — never quite being honest with the ‘rents about how much is left from Halloween. Now that we’re at a stage where it’s maybe a little less socially acceptable to binge-eat pounds of pure sugar, there is a way of being crafty and satisfying that sweet tooth.

Jolly Rancher Roses

• Prep Time:30 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:35 minutes

• 1 large bag Jolly Ranchers
  • 4 cup hot water
  • Lollipop or popsicle sticks
Photo by Laura Johnson

Take out three Jolly Ranchers of the same color and one green one (or in this case, blue). Drop them into the water with the plastic on so that they soften up.

GIF by Laura Johnson

Once they are soft, take one out with the spatula and pull the wrapping off.

GIF by Laura Johnson

Squish the jolly rancher until it is flat, then wrap it around the top of the chopstick to make the center of the rose.

GIF by Laura Johnson

Repeat the process with another candy to form the next two layers of the rose.

GIF by Laura Johnson

Take out the blue Jolly Rancher. Flatten it and form a leaf shape to go under the flower. You can chose whichever color suits your taste.

GIF by Laura Johnson

Find someone you love and give ‘em your creation. If you want one for yourself, simply start from step one.