When I learned that Oreos were vegan, I thought of two things: 1) Hell YES, Oreos must be healthy and, 2) What is the creme filling actually made of??

That second concern didn't last too long, because sure enough, I went out and bought a box of Oreos. I also may have eaten an entire sleeve in one sitting, but that's besides the point.

Other than Oreos, my all-time favorite love is Trader Joe's Cookie Butter, a magical spread that tastes like gingerbread with a peanut butter consistency. I also may have eaten an entire jar in three days, but, like I said, that's besides the point.

Out of boredom and a desperate dessert craving, I decided to experiment and create cookie butter out of Oreos. The resulting homemade Oreo butter is much like another spread at Trader Joe's, the Cookies & Creme Oreo Cookie Butter. The end product was an out-of-body experience. Seriously, I think I gained five pounds from finishing it too quickly.

Oreo Cookie Butter

• Cook Time:0

• 1 package Oreos
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil
chocolate, cream
Brittany Arnett

Place the entire package of Oreos in a food processor.

chocolate, cake
    Brittany Arnett

Add cold coconut oil to food processor. Pulse the mixture until you've reached your desired consistency (should be thick, but spreadable).

#SpoonTip: The coconut oil will melt when you turn on the food processor; no need to heat it up before hand.

tea, chocolate, coffee, ice
    Brittany Arnett

Place cookie butter in a sealed jar for up to 2 weeks.

chocolate, cake, jam, sweet
    Brittany Arnett