Study breaks are our saviors when we're drowning in a pile of homework and midterms. But, who has the time to spend a good two hours in the kitchen? If you are like me and would love to eat some good food but aren't into the commitment of baking, I have a cannoli recipe that won't take much effort or time but can still help you get the much-needed study break you deserve.

It's great for baking/cooking novices; you don't need an oven; you won't need to go through the hassle of making your own cannoli shells, and the whole recipe is really only three short steps.

Recipe adapted from: Food Republic

Cannolis

• 1 32 ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 18-24 pre-baked cannoli shells
cannoli, chocolate, sweet, cream, pastry, cake
Michelle Hahn

In a medium-sized bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, and mini chocolate chips that you prepared. This mixture will be the filling you will put in the pre-baked cannoli shells.

rice, milk
    Michelle Hahn

Fill a plastic storage bag with the filling you just made, and cut off a bottom corner with a pair of scissors. With this, you can easily squeeze the creamy mixture into the shells without making a mess!

tea
    Michelle Hahn

Pipe the filling in the shells by filling them from the center to the edge and repeating on the opposite side. Finally, you can coat the cannoli with more confectioner's sugar as a finishing touch.

cannoli, chocolate, sweet, cream
    Michelle Hahn

Now that you have these three steps, stop making excuses and make that trip to your kitchen to whip up your own batch of cannoli.