There’s nothing better than a warm, freshly-made donut, but sometimes you just don’t want to put on pants and leave your room to go get one. And the last thing you want to do in the morning is spend hours trying to make some from scratch.

Here’s the solution: just pop open a can of biscuits and throw them in some hot oil. Yeah, that’s right. You can now make an endless supply of donuts at home without any of the work.

Medium

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes

Servings: 10 donuts

1 can biscuit dough (Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits work great)
Vegetable oil for frying

donut

Photo by Kelly McAdam

Directions:
1. In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350°F. To check to see if it’s ready, stick the end of a wooden spoon in the oil. If the oil bubbles around the handle, it’s ready.

donut

Photo by Kelly McAdam

2. Lightly flatten the biscuits and cut a hole in the middle of each one. You can use a water bottle cap to do this.

donut

Photo by Kelly McAdam

3. When the oil is ready, fry the donuts and donut holes for about 30 seconds on each side until golden brown. Remove and let the oil drain on paper towels until they’re cool enough to handle.

donut

Photo by Kelly McAdam

4. Top the donuts as you like. My personal favorite is to throw them in a bag full of cinnamon-sugar and shake them around. You can even decorate with a glaze if you prefer.

donut

Photo by Kelly McAdam

If you love donuts, be sure to check out these articles: