If you were lucky as a child, you might’ve occasionally found a fluffernutter sandwich in your lunchbox a time or two, making all the other kids around you with plain PB&J‘s extremely jealous (thanks, mom). If you were one of those kids with the PB&J’s and never got to experience the gold that is a fluffernutter sandwich, I’m sorry. If you don’t know, a fluffernutter sandwich has marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and if you’re really going all out, bananas, smashed between two slices of bread.

This recipe incorporates these ingredients into a banana-based blondie that’s topped with peanut butter frosting. It’s like a cross between a blondie, banana bread, and a fluffernutter sandwich, which would most definitely earn you a spot at the cool kid’s table.

Fluffernutter Banana Blondies

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:45 minutes

• 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 medium banana, mashed
  • 1/2 cup chopped marshmallows or mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil, then spray with cooking spray. Set aside.

#SpoonTip: Leave some foil overhanging on opposite sides of the pan to make it easier to remove them. 

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

With a stand mixer or handheld blender, combine the melted butter and light brown sugar until combined.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Add the egg and vanilla and blend until evenly incorporated.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Stir in the salt, flour, and mashed banana until the batter is smooth and free of chunks.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Spread the batter in the prepared pan, using a spatula to ensure it’s evenly distributed.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Add the marshmallows and swirl them into the batter with a knife, making sure they’re evenly dispersed and coated.

#SpoonTip: If you don’t want the marshmallows to brown at the top of your blondies, mix them into the batter before pouring in the pan. 

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Bake for 25-30 minutes until the blondies are set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Then frost with the peanut butter frosting, recipe below.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Peanut Butter Frosting

• Prep Time:0 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes

• 6 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk, if needed

In a stand mixer or with a handheld blender, whip together the butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar until combined. Add milk if it’s too thick, until you’ve reach your desired consistency.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Spread frosting evenly over the cooled blondies with a spatula.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten

Cut into 16 even pieces, and serve.

Photo by Lauren Kruchten