As the weather continues to get cooler, we tend to be drawn to comfort foods to keep us warm and satisfied. It's totally okay to have those cheesy and carb-loaded meals, but it's important to get your vegetables in and stay healthy too. This simple, creamy zucchini soup recipe is the answer to your prayers.

Although it may be easier to just buy a can of soup at the grocery store and heat it up on the stove, I promise you that this homemade zucchini soup is worth the extra time you would have spent watching Netflix. It will definitely be so much more satisfying and healthy. Whether you're a college student on a budget or just looking for some comfort food without consuming enough calories for a small village, this recipe will not disappoint. 

Zucchini Soup

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 zucchinis peeled and chopped thickly
  • 3 medium potatoes peeled and chopped thinly
  • 1/2 white onion chopped
  • salt to taste
Sofía Vainesman

Sauté the chopped onions and zucchini with olive oil for about 5 minutes, or until the onions start to brown.

Sofía Vainesman

Add the chopped potatoes, and fill the pot with water until all the vegetables are submerged under water. Cook until the potatoes soften, about 20-25 minutes.

Sofía Vainesman

Pour out 3/4 of the water, and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Then puree the vegetables until no lumps are left.

Sofía Vainesman

Add salt to taste.

Sofía Vainesman