If you've ever eaten at Johnny Carino's, I'm willing to bet that you've had their Italian Nachos and wished you could have it at home. But don't worry, they aren't difficult to make. All it really consists of is fried wonton wrappers, cheese, Alfredo sauce, and whatever toppings your heart desires. 

This recipe for Johnny Carino's Italian Nachos can be customized however you'd like, and there are no rules. Want to skip the chicken and sausage? Go ahead. Want some more cheese? Be my guest. Want to throw in a different topping? Go for it? The possibilities are only limited by what you can come up with. 

• 15-25 wonton wrappers
  • 2-3 cups canola or vegetable oil
  • 1-1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2-3 tomatoes
  • 1 can black olives
  • 1-2 jalapeños fresh or pickled
  • 2-3 tablespoons capers
  • 3/4 cup precooked chicken or sausage
  • 1/4-1/2 cup alfredo sauce
  • Cilantro or basil optional

Cut the wonton wrappers into smaller chip-sized triangles or strips.

cookie
    Mary Schoneman

Add an inch of oil in a pot or pan and heat on medium heat. The oil should be hot enough that the wonton wrappers begin to bubble and slightly curl within 2-3 seconds of adding them to the pan.

Add wonton wrappers 2-3 at a time. Fry the wrappers 10-30 seconds each side until they just start to turn brown.

Take the wrappers out with tongs or a metal fork or strainer and place on a plate with a few paper towels on it.

sweet, bacon
    Mary Schoneman

Chop the olives and jalapeños in thin slices or chunks.

coffee
    Mary Schoneman

Spread the chips in a thin layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle the cheese, olives, jalapeños, chopped chicken or sausage.

Bake the chips at 325°F for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.

Chop the tomatoes and cilantro into small chunks.

salsa, tomato
    Mary Schoneman

Add the tomatoes, cilantro, capers, and any other cold ingredients you'd like on top. Pour Alfredo sauce over top and serve.

nachos
    Mary Schoneman