If you're a banana lover like me, you know what it's like to reach the end of the week with a pile of spotty bananas sitting on your counter. Luckily, there's a recipe you can use them for that doesn't even require an oven, and takes less than 5 minutes. Banana nicecream is one of the easiest and yummiest ways to get a bunch of nutrients in, along with a kick of sweetness. It can be enjoyed as a refreshing dessert or as a power breakfast, or at any time of day really. 

Bananas are one of the most powerful fruits on the planet. They have immense healing properties and high nutritional value. They are rich in pectin, a type of fiber, which aids digestion and helps eliminate heavy metals and environmental toxins from the body.

They are the ultimate pre and post-workout snack, providing the body with hydration from their natural water content, as well as potassium and glucose for fueling up and replenishing your glycogen stores. This makes the mighty banana an excellent source of electrolytes, due to its high water/nutrient ratio. Additionally, they help regulate your blood glucose and have high levels of B vitamins, which are essential for athletes. 

Feeling a little beat down? Eat a banana! This incredible fruit has high levels of tryptophan, which then gets converted into serotonin, the brain neurotransmitter that's responsible for feelings of well-being and happiness. This mood-booster is also a great power snack before an exam, due to its high amounts of potassium, which can enhance alertness and improve learning and memory. So now you'll be happy and smart. Bananas really are magical. 

I identify with this on a spiritual level. 

Besides all the previously mentioned benefits, bananas have powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral compounds, which makes them a powerful weapon for fighting against viruses like Epstein-Barr (EBV) and shingles, bacteria like streptococcus, and chronic illnesses such as parkinson's, arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, and multiple sclerosis, to name a few.

They heal and strengthen the nervous system, and their high content of fructooligosaccharides helps with nutrient absorption and assimilation. They promote growth of beneficial gut bacteria, and keep your digestive and immune systems healthy and functional, in addition to lowering high blood pressure

Same Katy, same. 

Sadly, this incredibly healing fruit, along with other fruits with "high" contents of vital glucose (such as mangoes, dates, watermelon, etc.), has been shunned by the nutrition and health world for having "too much sugar". 

Nutritionists and dieticians are cautioning people against eating "too much fruit", limiting their fruit consumption to only a couple of servings a day–some even go as far as to take it out of the diet completely. They instill the fear in their patients and in the general population that the sugar in fruit is just as capable of making you fat as the sugar in a candy bar. People are told they can only eat 1/2 a banana, and have become afraid of eating more than their "recommended servings".

What they don't know is that fruit has miraculous qualities that can literally turn chronic disease around. The sugar in fruit is bound to the vitamins and minerals it contains; they travel as a team and the sugar helps deliver the nutrients into the cell. When your glucose reserves in the liver run low from not eating enough natural sugars, we start to get cravings as a result of our body asking for its stores to be replenished.

Also, fruit's natural fiber content has a gel-like effect in our gut, which slows down the rate at which sugar is released. That is to say that fruit's glucose content doesn't spike our blood sugar the way a soda would, and doesn't force our body to dump fat into our bloodstream as it does with refined sugars. 

This is how bad it's gonna get if fruit and "carb" fear continues where it's going.

Meanwhile, this is gonna be me. 

No but seriously this would totally be me if somebody tried to steal my bananas. 

If you still believe bananas and other amazingly healing fruits make you fat, let me redirect you to this podcast that talks about the life-changing powers of fruit and how the anti-fruit movement and trends are taking down our health. 

And now onto business.

The summer heat has you craving a cold, sweet treat, but you don't want to stray away from your goals? Not to worry! Just follow the recipe down below and get your creamy fix–without all the extra cals. This banana nicecream is sure to calm your sweet tooth. 

Almond Butter Cinnamon Banana Nicecream

• Cook Time:0

• 3 ripe bananas sliced and frozen overnight
  • 2 medjool dates preferably soaked in water for at least 1 hour or overnight for smoother blending
  • 1 tsp almond butter
  • A dash cinnamon
  • Hemp seeds or toppings choice
Laura Rodriguez

Find three perfectly ripe bananas

Laura Rodriguez

Peel, slice, and store bananas in a bag or container in the freezer overnight

Laura Rodriguez

Place the frozen banana slices, along with the rest of the ingredients, in a food processor or high-speed blender (a tiny splash of water or plant milk of choice can be added, if desired)

Laura Rodriguez

Blend, blend, blend until it turns smooth and fluffy

Laura Rodriguez

Serve and add toppings to your heart's content

Laura Rodriguez

Enjoy your unbelievably healthy bowl of pure banana happiness

Laura Rodriguez

* It can take a while for everything to grind up to a creamy ice cream-like consistency so patience is key.

Laura Rodriguez

Thickness on point. 

So now you know how to make use of all those extra bananas and have dessert for breakfast every day if you like. Don't be afraid of bananas or fruit; they are the key to health and longevity. Enjoy them in abundance, and feel their healing powers revitalize you.  

In case you needed a reminder to get your daily dose of nature's candy, here it is. 

They really are the best fruit.