If you’ve been on social media at all within the past few months, then you’ve definitely had the famous Rainbow Bagel pop up on your newsfeed at least once or twice. Just in case looking at that #foodporn isn’t enough to satisfy your cravings, I’ve got you covered. Here’s how you can turn a boring vanilla bundt cake into a work of art, just like Scot Rossillo’s bagels.

Rainbow Bagel Bundt Cake

• Prep Time:1 hour 5 minutes
  • Cook Time:40 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hr 45 minutes
  • Advanced

• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup butter (for frosting)
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese (for frosting)
  • 2 cup powdered sugar (for frosting)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for frosting)
  • 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles (for frosting)
Photo by Hannah Solomons

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Next, coat your bundt pan with cooking spray and then dust with flour to prevent the cake from sticking to the sides.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer on medium-high for about 3 minutes.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Reduce speed to medium and beat in each egg one at a time. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue mixing. Next, add vanilla.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Combine heavy cream with 1/2 cup water in a separate bowl or measuring cup.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Beat 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Now begin alternating between adding the cream and the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Finish adding the cream and end with adding the rest of the flour mixture.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Separate the batter into six bowls and use food coloring to die each batch a different color.

#SpoonTip: The signature Rainbow Bagel colors are orange, neon green, electric blue, purple, hot pink, and yellow.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Pour the batter into the pan one bowl at a time, so the colorful layers resemble the swirls of the Rainbow Bagel. Once poured, pop the pan into the oven and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Let the cake cool completely before trying to remove it from the pan. Speed up the this process by putting the cake in the freezer. If you try to remove the pan while the cake is too hot, it can fall apart.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Prepare funfetti cream cheese frosting while the cake cools. Start by beating together butter and cream cheese using an electric mixer.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Beat powdered sugar into the butter/cream cheese mixture one cup at a time. Add vanilla extract.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Add in assorted rainbow sprinkles to the frosting to give it the “funfetti” effect.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Remove cake from freezer and cut horizontally the same way you would cut a bagel in half. Spread the frosting on each half of the cake and stick them together sandwich style.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Cut vertically down the middle, and take some epic #Instaworthy pictures before slicing it up and (maybe) sharing it with your friends.

Photo by Hannah Solomons

Enjoy!

Photo by Hannah Solomons