Since we upgraded our kitchen a few months ago, my family decided to acquire a toaster oven. When we got to try it out, we were all surprised by the ease at which we could use the toaster oven. Even the littlest of my siblings were able to cook all of their favourite foods without an issue. What makes it even better than a standard oven is the ability to set a timer for which it can stop cooking. This is especially helpful with long bakes, such as making a baked potato in the toaster oven. With just a few easy steps, you can have a delicious meal for one.

Baked Potato in the Toaster Oven

• Total Time:1 hr

• 1 potato—I chose a russet potato
  • 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
  • Favorite toppings—optional
Claudia Karademas

Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F with a timer of 55 minutes.

Claudia Karademas

Wash the potato.

Claudia Karademas

Rub the potato with olive oil.

Claudia Karademas

Poke holes in the potato with a fork. Doing this 6 to 8 times will be plenty. If you skip this step, your potato may explode in the oven, so don't forget!

Claudia Karademas

Lay the potato in the toaster oven.

Claudia Karademas

When the potato is done, the toaster oven will beep. Your baked potato is ready!

Claudia Karademas

Allow the potato to cool slightly on a plate, then eat it plain or add whatever toppings you like.

Claudia Karademas

As long as you remember to poke holes in your potato, there's very little that can go wrong when baking a potato in the toaster oven. Some websites say to wrap the potato in foil, but that depends on the kind of baked potato you like. If you want soft skin, wrap it in foil, otherwise leave it be. Since baked potatoes allow for so many different toppings, you can make a baked potato in the toaster oven for every meal and still make it a little bit different each time. There are also tons of delicious meals that you can make in a toaster oven. No matter what you're making, this is one appliance you won't regret purchasing.