Fall means football games, breaking out your fuzzy socks to wear under Birkenstock's, and those cute Halloween sugar cookies. But most importantly, fall means it's finally time to start eating squash again. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are filled with different types of recipes to get your squash fix in. Squash is so versatile that you could really eat it for every meal of the day. That's right, you can eat squash for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Here are three squash based recipes to do just that.

Breakfast: Savory Butternut Squash Oats

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup butternut squash
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1 tbs olive oil
Abbi Brown

Usually you don't have time to cook a butternut squash in the morning. Lucky for us, most grocery stores sell diced squash that is either frozen or microwavable. Begin by microwaving 1/2 a cup of diced butternut squash for 3-5 minutes, or until soft. Once the squash is soft, saute it in a skillet with olive oil and seasoned salt until the edges are browned and crispy.

Abbi Brown

While the squash is sauteing, prepare your oats according to its packing instructions, and fry one egg.

Once the oats, squash, and egg are cooked, assemble in a bowl and then dig in.

Lunch: Shrimp Pesto Spaghetti Squash

• 1 spaghetti squash
  • 1 1/4 cups shrimp
  • 2 cups basil
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan
Abbi Brown

Preheat oven to 450°. Cut spaghetti squash in half length wise, scoop out the seeds, place the squash cut side down on a baking tray, and cook for 40 minutes.

Abbi Brown

To make the pesto, place basil, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan in a blender and pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Prepare your shrimp according to packaging instructions.

After fully cooked, shred the squash using a fork until it resembles spaghetti. Then mix the shrimp and pesto sauce in with the squash.

#SpoonTip: The skin of the spaghetti squash can be used as a bowl, and that means less dishes to clean up.

Dinner: Butternut Squash Soup

• 1 butternut squash
  • 1 can sliced carrots 14.5 ounces
  • 1 can chicken broth 14.5 ounces
  • 1/2 yellow onion
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tbs olive oil
Abbi Brown

Preheat oven to 450°. Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Drain the can of carrots and cut 1/2 onion into wedges. Place the carrots, onion, and squash cut side down on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil over the carrots and onions, and add salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 40 minutes.

Abbi Brown

Once cooked, scoop the flesh of the squash into a blender, along with carrots, onion, chicken broth, and nutmeg. Blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add milk to make it creamier.

Serve soup with black pepper and chopped walnuts.

Don't be afraid to jump on the squash-eatin' bandwagon this year. It's in season, cheap, healthy, and there are so many different squash recipes out there that you could probably eat it all Fall long.