It’s the age old question—Cookie Butter: do you love it or hate it?

If you aren't sure what Cookie Butter is, Urban Dictionary goes as far to describe it as, "the most amazing edible item you will ever find... it's just like peanut butter, but instead, it's cookie butter!"

I came across this product a couple of years ago when my friend was raving about her newest find at Trader Joes. I tried it, enjoyed it, but was not sure if all the rage it has received over the last few years is worth all the hype. 

So, I set out to discover four cookie butter snacks at Trader Joes to decide my stance on this extremely hyped about product.

1. Cookie Butter (straight from the jar)

Elise Huff

The product in its own flesh and blood that got everyone talking to begin with. Its crunchy consistency and sweet tang make it perfect as an afternoon treat. I can say with certainty that I enjoyed every bite of it, and this product deserves all of the hype that it gets.

#SpoonTip: eat straight out of the jar, or smear onto an apple or piece of toast for a yummy breakfast treat.

Wins: 1 Losses: 0

2. Cookie Butter Ice Cream

Elise Huff

At first, I was unsure about this product. How could something so sweet combined with another sweet product produce something that wouldn’t be overpoweringly sweet? Easily, that’s how. Not only did I enjoy this ice cream, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to indulge in a sweet late night treat.

Wins: 2 Losses: 0

3. Cookie Butter Chocolate Bar

Elise Huff

I'm not going to lie —I had high expectations for this chocolate bar. After opening it up to witness what was a layer of delicious cookie butter, I was ultimately underwhelmed by the overpowering sweetness of the bar. Unfortunately, I would not repurchase this — if you are going to treat yourself on a dessert, I would try something else from the Cookie Butter line. 

Wins: 2 Losses: 1

4. Cookie Butter Cookies

Elise Huff

I have to start out by saying that I am biased about these cookies. Not only are these the cookies that initially introduced me to the Cookie Butter craze, but the mixture of a buttery cookie and cookie butter makes for the perfect treat. 

#SpoonTip: crush these cookies up and sprinkle over vanilla ice cream for an extra sweet treat.

Wins: 3 Losses: 1

It looks like overall the products that I sampled were worth every penny — these amazing Cookie Butter products live up to their expectations. Next time you find yourself in the aisles of Trader Joes, make sure to pick up one of these sweet treats.