As winter rolls in and the temperature really starts to drop, nothing sounds better than a baggy sweater and a cup of hot chocolate. Hot chocolate mix is great in a pinch, but these hot chocolate cubes are perfect for a customizable cocoa beverage. You can use any kind of chocolate to make these. I used a milk chocolate bar, but a dark chocolate bar or chocolate chips would work just fine.

Fudge Hot Chocolate Cubes

• Cook Time:30 secs
  • Total Time:5 mins 30 secs

• 1 milk chocolate bar
  • 2 spoonfuls hot fudge sauce
Alex St. Jacques

Break up the chocolate bar and put it in a bowl with the hot fudge topping.

Cook the mixture in the microwave in five second intervals, stirring between intervals. The resulting mixture will look thicker than regular melted chocolate.

Spoon the mixture into an ice cube tray and put the tray in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.

Alex St. Jacques

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Cubes

• Cook Time:30 secs
  • Total Time:5 mins 30 secs

• 1 milk chocolate bar
  • 1 generous spoonful peanut butter
Alex St. Jacques

Break up the chocolate bar and put it in a bowl with the peanut butter.

Cook the mixture in the microwave in five second intervals, stirring between intervals. The consistency will be similar to regular melted chocolate.

Alex St. Jacques

Spoon the mixture into an ice cube tray and leave it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.

Alex St. Jacques

Caramel Hot Chocolate Cubes

• Cook Time:30 secs
  • Total Time:5 mins 30 secs

• 1 milk chocolate bar
  • 1 small pack chocolate caramel candies
Alex St. Jacques

Break up the chocolate bar and put it in a bowl with the chocolate caramel candies.

Alex St. Jacques

Cook the mixture in the microwave in five second intervals, stirring between intervals. The result should be a little thicker than melted chocolate.

Alex St. Jacques

Caramel Nougat Hot Chocolate Cubes

• Cook Time:30 secs
  • Total Time:6 mins 30 secs

• 2 caramel and nougat chocolate bars
Alex St. Jacques

Cut or break the caramel and nougat chocolate bars into pieces and place them into a bowl.

Alex St. Jacques

Cook the candy bar pieces in the microwave in five second intervals, stirring between intervals. When it is ready, it will still hold shape fairly well because of the nougat, but the chocolate, caramel, and nougat will be better mixed together.

Alex St. Jacques

Alex St. Jacques

Turning Cubes into Cocoa

Alex St. Jacques

Get the cubes out by knocking the tray face down on a table. If they don't come out, run the bottom of the tray under hot water and try sliding a knife along the sides of the cubes before knocking the tray on the table again.

Alex St. Jacques

To make hot chocolate, pick the cube flavor you want and put it into a mug. Store your others in your fridge or freezer. Heat up milk and pour it over the cube, mixing as you fill up the mug. Top it with some whipped cream and chocolate drizzle for a Pinterest worthy pic.  

Alex St. Jacques

You can add any ingredients you like to these cubes to create your very own unique hot chocolate. Peppermint extract, cinnamon, white chocolate, you name it. Get creative and enjoy!