The ingredients below may seem like a basket from Chopped, but this unlikely combination is actually one I adore...a lot

vegetable
Julia Slisz

With just a sweet potato, a serving of plain greek yogurt, and a generous supply of hot sauce, you can have yourself the perfect low-calorie, nutrient-filled meal. My roommate can attest to my claims, and has even stopped judging me for this odd fusion I that consume on a weekly basis. Not only is this a perfectly healthy dinner with which I like to follow my workouts, but it's also extremely cheap and super easy. All you need is a microwave and about 10 minutes (tops) to have the dish all ready to go.

I swear, I didn't even think I liked hot sauce before this.

Hot and Cool Sweet Potato

• 1 sweet potato
  • 1 5-6 oz container plain greek yogurt
  • Hot sauce
cheese, sauce
Julia Slisz

Wash the sweet potato and peel or cut off any sprouts or bad parts. Stab the potato a few times on each side to prepare it for the microwave. (This ensures it doesn't explode, you do NOT want to deal with that.)

potato, bread
    Julia Slisz

Microwave for 3-5 minutes, twice, flipping the potato to its other side in between. Time will vary depending on the strength of your microwave. Cover it with a wet paper towel to prevent it from drying out.

tea
    Julia Slisz

Mash it out! Then cover with as much greek yogurt and hot sauce as your heart desires.

gif
    Julia Slisz
cheese, carrot, potato, sweet, sweet potato
Julia Slisz

Coming in at a whopping estimated 180 calories, you will be amazed at how full this leaves you. It might take you a few tries to figure our what your preferred ratio is and how long it needs to be microwaved, but getting the hang of this recipe is quick and painless. The cooling sour cream substitute contrasted with the warm sweet potato and spiciness of the hot sauce is a gourmet level flavor combo. Your stomach, body, and wallet will thank you for incorporating this into your usual routine.