For all the strawberry lovers out there, this recipe is made for you. Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits—the perfect, refreshing snack for a summer day or even a rainy and cold day. Making a homemade strawberry banana smoothie is my go-to! 

Joanna Cosentino

This recipe is super easy, and making this recipe at home as opposed to store-bought smoothies yields more servings and is more cost effective. I whipped out some bendy straws and a few strawberries to garnish with, but whatever you have works perfectly fine.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

• Cook Time:1 min

• 1 container fresh strawberries
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 cups milk your choice or non-fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Joanna Cosentino

Cut up the two bananas into chunks.

Joanna Cosentino

Wash and chop up the strawberries. I used most of the strawberries in the container, and left about 5 to garnish my smoothies with for later. (Plus, I like to keep some strawberries leftover to eat with some sugar).

Joanna Cosentino

Cut off the strawberry tops and slice in half.

Joanna Cosentino

Place the strawberries and bananas in the blender and add two cups of milk or Greek yogurt.

Joanna Cosentino

Measure out two spoonfuls of honey (or sugar) into the blender. Don't worry if it gets a little messy—honey can get pretty sticky!

Joanna Cosentino

Add the vanilla! I used one teaspoon of vanilla extract, but I like to over-pour a little just cause I love the flavor of vanilla.

Joanna Cosentino

Pulse the mixture in the blender for about 30 seconds or until the strawberry bits look pretty small. Pour into a cup and enjoy!

Joanna Cosentino

And there you go! This smoothie recipe is perfect for any strawberry lover, and is simple for someone who has never cooked before. 

If you want to enjoy a nice healthy meal with your smoothie, I suggest making a pesto omelette with it! Now all there's left to do is enjoy!