Do you remember your favorites snacks when you were younger? I'm sure it involved some sort of fruit snack, like Gushers or Fruit by the Foot. I was obsessed with anything that was chewy and fruity, so when I figured out how to make this fruit roll up recipe, I was obsessed!

Now that I'm older and am more educated about the food I eat, I realize that most of the fruit snacks I ate as a child and were actually not as healthy as I thought. For me, anything that had the name fruit in it was automatically better the than other snacks in my eyes, but now I realize how untrue that is.

I'm not saying that all fruit snacks are bad, as there are a few that are healthier for you. There are many I found that are very tasty and are even packed veggies and fruits. 

This fruit roll up recipe is a super simple way to make tasty and healthy fruit snacks, and they can easily be tailored to your needs and wants. If you're not a fan of strawberries, substitute that strawberries for pineapple, blueberries, or any other fruit you love. You can even combine fruits for a unique flavor. 

Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups

• Prep Time:10 secs
  • Cook Time:4 hrs
  • Total Time:4 hrs 10 secs

• 2 cups strawberries
  • Plastic wrap
salami, sweet, pork, meat, beef
Alexus Lacy

Pre-heat oven to 170°F.

Put strawberries into a blender and pulse until fully blended. If you are using frozen strawberries, warm them up in a microwave for 30 seconds first. This will ensure that the strawberries will release juice, making it easier to puree.

raspberry, cream, sweet, juice, ice, berry, strawberry
    Alexus Lacy

Cover the pan with plastic wrap and pour strawberry mixture onto it. Evenly spread out the strawberry mixture.

raspberry, cake, strawberry
    Alexus Lacy

Bake strawberries at 170°F for 4 hours.

cherry, strawberry, cake, raspberry
    Alexus Lacy

Cut out strips, roll up, and enjoy!

Alexus Lacy

In no time you can have homemade, delicious, and healthy fruit roll ups to eat. These are the perfect snack to take to class with you because they will give the a burst of energy. Give these a try and share with you roommates (they'll love you even more!).