Handmade gifts are the best way to avoid spending an arm and a leg when it comes to attending friendly get-togethers. But spending hours covering yourself in everything but the kitchen sink doesn’t always sound enjoyable either. Luckily, there are easy options available, like this homemade version of Baileys Irish Cream. It will rescue you from any pre-party headaches for years to come, and will leave hosts begging for your return to future occasions.

One of the great things about making Irish cream at home is the flexibility of alcohol addition (translation: you can actually get buzzed on Baileys if you make it yourself). Unlike most homemade liqueurs, it’s ready to serve in minutes and can also last for up to two months in the refrigerator.

Pour it into an empty glass bottle or mason jar, top it off with a bright ribbon and you have a host gift that keeps on giving. Here’s how to do it:

Servings: 4 Cups

Total Time: 5 Minutes

1 cup half and half or heavy cream
14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 ⅔ cups Irish whiskey
1 teaspoon instant coffee
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions: Pour all ingredients in a blender and mix on high for about 30 seconds. Pour into sealable containers and keep refrigerated. Shake before using.