With the presidential election just around the corner, what could be better than making cookies with the candidates' faces on them? Inspired by the cookies at Cupcake Market NYC, the Spoon UF team decided to recreate the Hillary and Trump cookies that are trending on social media. Whether you're on Team Hillary or on the Trump Train (or neither), these cookies are sure to appeal to everyone. Let's make cookies great again. This is how we do it.

Hillary and Trump Cookies

• Sugar cookie dough
  • Any cake frosting
  • Royal icing
  • Gel food coloring
cake, buttercream, cream
Jayna Goldstein

Mold sugar cookie dough into large circles (you can use store-bought or make your own dough at home), then bake the cookies as you normally would. Once the cookies are done and cool, use a knife to trim around the edges to shape them into the form of a face.

Add blue, yellow, red, copper, ivory and black food coloring, leaving one white.
    #SpoonTip: Use gel food coloring for more saturated color.

milk, sweet, tea, coffee, cream
    Shelby Cohron

Draw templates of the faces on parchment paper using a picture of the candidates for reference.

coffee, pizza, tea, wine
    Shelby Cohron

Use a knife or brush to paint on the colored icing in the correct places. Use the pictures of the candidates as a guide to where each color should go. Don't worry about the black lines or facial details yet.

cake, cookie
    Shelby Cohron

Place the cookies in the fridge overnight to set. Once set, remove the cookies from the fridge, and use a thin brush with black, blue and golden icing to add details.

Peel off the design from parchment paper, and use regular cake frosting to stick the design onto the cookie. Make any touch-ups with the icing, and you're done!

cake, birthday cake, buttercream
    Jayna Goldstein

Be sure to share these cookies with your friends, because who wouldn't want to eat Donald Trump's face?

cake, birthday cake
Jayna Goldstein