Yostie’s chili dogs, Crepevine’s dessert crepes, Kubano’s long-but-worth-it line… Gaines Street food never ceases to make your mouth salivate.

In 2011, when renovations and construction made it almost impossible to travel on this beloved road, the businesses of Gaines Street came together to host a booze and music filled day to show their love and appreciation for the patience of the community during that difficult time. Five years later the party is even better with new breweries and food joints welcoming an even larger crowd.

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

Grasslands Brewing Company, Tallahassee’s newest brewery, was the main sponsor of this year’s Gaines Street Fest. Located right next to Gaines Street Pies, Warhorse, and Catalina Café, they were slammed the entire day, and were consistently  filling up cups with hoppy, malty, smooth, locally brewed beers.

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

Spoon wanted to bring the experience of GSF (Gaines Street Fest) directly to all of you, especially those who couldn’t be there. When we asked attendees what was their favorite part of GSF 2015, they could hardly contain their excitement:

Sam Kerce: I loved getting the chance to come out and support all the local businesses in the newly renovated Gaines Street area while listening to awesome local bands like Sway Ja Vu and Catfish Alliance.

Jenn Fornes: Gaines Street Fest was a great way to enjoy local food like Voodoo Dog, and merchandise vendors in such a booming part of Tallahassee. The local bands, like The Brown Goose, also kept the funky grooves going.

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

Adam Ceccofiglio: A Pina Colada displayed inside a pineapple!?! My life is complete.

Anna Le: It was great to meet and engage with the local vendors and see how the community pulls together. I loved being able to hear live music everywhere I stepped and feeling the crowds’ energy! I also got some awesome organic soap. Never thought I would find that during the festival!

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

Allie Wisniewski: Free organic fruit in exchange for drawing a doodle made my day!

Stephanie Trejos: Getting to scope out new places I hadn’t been to like All Saints Café and Sidebar was pretty cool.

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

#SpoonTip: All Saints Café is open 24/7. It’s a great study spot, located next to Merv’s, and offers all vegan food such as their vegan mac and cheese. It’s delicious!

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

Casey Feindt: I liked watching the moshing outside sidebar. Some solid entertainment.

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

Personally, I love to be anywhere with good music and to be able to bring my Border Collie, Dixie. If she’s welcome, I’m happy. She was even given a couple slices of pineapple from our friends at the Pina Colada stand!

Gaines

Photo by: Robert Wehrli

If you find yourself wishing you were at the fest, don’t worry! There’s no doubt that next year’s Gaines Street Fest will be an even bigger local party.