If you love snickers, or any combination of nuts, caramel, and chocolate, you'll love these date balls. With just three ingredients and no oven or kitchen tools required, these balls don't get easier to make. (I make them in my dorm all the time.) As if you need any more reason to give these a try, they're also not that unhealthy. (Or, that's what I tell myself.) They're just nuts, fruit, and a little chocolate, and we all know that chocolate in moderation is a good thing. Actually, each ingredient in these balls are known to have some pretty awesome health benefits, much better than pure sugar and corn syrup. Make these to impress your friends, or to eat all by yourself!

3 Ingredient Date Balls

• 4 dates
  • 2-3 tbsp thick nut butter
  • 3 tbsp dark chocolate
Jamie Hegg

Cut or tear your dates in half and remove the seed. Using your fingers, spread the date halves to create as much surface area as possible, without ripping the dates.

Jamie Hegg

Take a small (less than the size of a teaspoon) ball of nut butter and place it on top of a date halve.

Jamie Hegg

Fold the edges of the date over the nut butter ball. (Make sure you don’t over stuff it with nut butter!) Seal the edges of the date by pinching it together.

Jamie Hegg

Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 20 second increments until it is melted. Coat each date ball in the chocolate, then put them in the freezer for 5-7 minutes to set. I like to sprinkle my date balls with sea salt flakes before I put them in the freezer, but this is optional.

Jamie Hegg

Enjoy! Store them in the fridge or freezer.

Jamie Hegg