When my doctor recommended I go gluten-free, I knew I had to make some huge changes in my diet, but I didn’t realize that I had to end my relationship with what I knew to be pizza. It’s difficult being around people during mealtimes when you can’t eat the same food they do, especially when it comes to pizza — an integral part of the college diet. But by substituting this gluten-free pizza crust mix for standard pizza dough, I can enjoy one of my favorite foods without compromising flavor or texture.

Advanced Course

Total Time: 35 minutes

Servings: 4

1 package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
1 can marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 large tomatoes
4 cups spinach
1/2 cup marinated artichokes
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 eggs

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
3. Combine water and yeast (included in crust package) in a large bowl. Let stand a few minutes.
4. Add eggs and oil to yeast mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Pour in pizza crust mix. If you have beaters or a standing mixer, blend about one minute on medium speed. If not, a fork is fine.
6. Split dough in half, keeping both pieces in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rise for 20 minutes.
7. Place dough on baking sheet. Wet hands with water and spread pizza dough into the shape and thickness you desire.
8. Bake crust for 7-9 minutes, without any toppings.
9. Remove crust from oven and cover with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Remove baking sheet from oven, spread marinara sauce over cheese and add remaining toppings.
11. Cook pizza for about 10 more minutes or until spinach is fully wilted and feta is slightly melted.