These moist and flavorful cookies are a great alternative to chocolate chip cookies. The almond butter adds a subtle nutty flavor that won’t assault your taste buds like peanut butter does. Trust me, these crowd-pleasers will make you question the existence of traditional chocolate chip cookies.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes to cook and 10 minutes to cool
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients: (can be purchased at Whole Foods):
1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the first five ingredients until blended.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Place dollops of dough, measuring 1 tablespoon, onto baking sheets leaving plenty of room between each.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Let cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheets before moving to a cooling rack.
7. Grab some before your friends and family finish them off!
Pro Tip: Change this recipe to make Paleo cookies by using coconut sugar instead of brown sugar.