It's time to revolutionize your pancake game. Mickey D's sounds great at 3am but you can actually enjoy one of their most popular breakfast items in the comfort of your home, knowing exactly what ingredients you are putting into your body. This Gluten and Guilt Free Paleo McGriddle will change the way you enjoy your pancakes and eggs.

Marina Wollmann

The paleo version of the McGriddle defies the definition of comfort food. Not only it is healthier and full of taste, but it is also a perfect balance between crunchy bacon, creamy egg and soft pancakes.

This meal can beat any hangover or even the Sunday blues. Yes you will need to be a little patient, follow the steps and wait for everything to be cooked harmoniously, but know that it's worth the work and you'll be happily satisfied.

A perfect balance between crunchy bacon, creamy egg and soft pancakes can beat any hangover or even the Sunday blues.

Be sure to read the instructions before starting; the ideal situation would be preparing everything simultaneously so you can enjoy the pancakes, eggs and bacon when they are still warm. But if you can't cook them all at the same time, don't worry, bacon will still be crunchy, and eggs and pancakes will taste the same. Go ahead and try this new version of the mini pancake classic!

Gluten and Guilt Free Paleo Mc Griddles

• 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/8 t baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • 1/3 - 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 2 T organic cold-pressed coconut oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1-2 T honey
  • 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
  • Grass-fed butter for cooking
  • For the toppings:
  • Bacon
  • 6-8 eggs
  • Maple syrup to taste
meat, pancake, chicken
Zoe Zaiss

Mix the eggs, coconut oil, and honey together. Add the coconut milk and ½ of vanilla extract. After those ingredients are blended, add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix, but not too much!

Marina Wollmann

Melt a dab of butter in your pan and add a little mix shaping it with a spatula. Consider the size of the muffin tin because that will be the size of the eggs. You shouldn’t see many bubbles forming on the top of the mix.

Marina Wollmann

Check the underside of your pancake and start flipping them. You will have been working on your eggs and bacon also, so as soon as your pancakes are ready you should be able to start devouring your creation.

On a second pan, add oil and place some bacon strips, cook until crispy.

And your eggs should look like this after 15 minutes of being cooked in the oven at 350F:

Marina Wollmann

Your kitchen should look like this, but if you don’t have enough room or you have to use the same pan for pancakes and bacon, your pancakes will wait for the toppings to be ready and it's totally fine.

Marina Wollmann

Top it off with honey or maple syrup. Time to chow down!

Whether you are following a paleo diet or not, this recipe is a success for everyone- except for vegans and vegetarians obviously. Grain free, organic, quality products are preferred so you can get the most beneficial nutrients from each ingredient. 

Be like Oprah and scream of joy while enjoying your new favorite gluten and guilt free paleo McGriddle's!