For as long as I can remember I have been addicted to the convenient, delicious, and nostalgic Uncrustables. Whether on the road, in between classes, or in the middle of a long work day these signature sandwiches always hit the spot while giving you consistent energy. 

Whether it is the taste or their consistency in my life, I have yet to be able to escape the Uncrustables phase. But rather than spending $6.48 at the grocery store, I decided it was time I "adultified" these childhood treats. Since we are starting to get older, it is time that these sandwiches grew up with us as well. Grab your bread, condiments, and fillings; its time to turn these into FUN-crustables

What you need...

For all three of these recipes you will need your favorite high fiber bread, a cup, and a knife! These come in use when making the "perfect circle" Uncrustable shape!

I personally recommend the Power Seed by Dave's Killer Bread. This slight switch in bread gives you 5 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and 19 grams of whole grains — which will leave you satisfied and energized for all of your endeavors. 

Here we will show you three ways you can turn these tasty snacks into delicious and satisfying meals. If you ever find yourself overwhelmed with school or are just in need for something quick and easy, these vegan, healthy, and tasty recipes will reinvent your memory of Uncrustables.

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

The Classic PBJ

• Cook Time:0

• 2 slices bread
  • Peanut butter
  • Raspberries
  • Agave syrup 1 tablespoon
Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Smash raspberries and agave together to make homemade jelly

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Place peanut butter and homemade jelly on opposite slices and close the sandwich

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Place the cup into bread, cut around the cup, and push sides together with a fork

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Bruschetta

• Prep Time:1 hr 30 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 40 mins

• 2 slices bread
  • 1 tomato
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Italian seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Dice the tomatoes and mix with balsamic vinegar. Let this sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

While waiting, mix olive oil and a generous amount of olive oil together

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Put olive oil mixture on the outside of the bread and the balsamic tomatoes on the inside

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Close the two pieces together and put down the sides with a fork

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Toast that baby on a pan (kinda like how you would a grilled cheese)

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

This FUN-crustable turns the well known Italian appetizer, bruschetta, into a delicious, vegan, and convenient meal. Making these are a  great way to distract yourself from work and have your tastebuds escape to Europe, or even for pre-dinner tidbits at socially distanced gatherings! Plus, toasting the outside of the sandwich makes it perfect for the coming fall and winter weather. 

Greek Salad

• 2 slices bread
  • 2 tablespoons hummus
  • Diced red onion
  • Diced tomato
  • Diced cucumber
  • Black olives
  • Chopped spinach
Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Put 1 tablespoon of hummus on each slice of bread

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Fill sandwich with desired amounts of each filling

Alexa (Lexye) Hill

Close the sandwich, push a cup around the sides and cut excess bread, crease slices together with a fork, and refrigerate for meal prep!

Alexa (Lexye) Hill