If you are like me, your favorite part of every meal is dessert. However, many of us have taken on a healthy lifestyle and as a result, have deprived ourselves from eating certain foods that although we love, do not necessarily “fit in” with our new diet. This, however, does not have to be done. Living a healthy lifestyle does NOT mean you need to restrict yourself from the foods you like. Instead, try replacing the not-so-healthy ingredients with healthier, similar options. You will be amazed that you can make your favorite desserts with “healthy” ingredients and have them taste the same, if not better, than the original ones.

To our advantage, there is currently a large amount of social media influencers that share their healthy recipes and lifestyle choices with their followers. Personally, one of my favorites is Raquel Papu, a nutrition and dietetics student who is better known as @rawkalebyraquel on Instagram. Below, you will find 5 of her healthy dessert recipes, which are not only quick and easy to make, but extremely delicious and satisfying. Under each recipe you will also find the nutritional information for each one, once again proving that you can make drool worthy desserts that will not only satisfy your cravings, but that are also good for you! 

PUMPKIN PIE SPICE PANCAKES

One of the reasons why these pancakes are such an incredible breakfast option is because they are not made with any refined flours or sugars! Instead of white flour, these call for coconut and almond flour, and have added acacia fiber powder to boost the fiber and keep us feeling full for longer. Perfect for the fall time!

BANANA WALNUT MUFFINS

There's absolutely nothing better than banana muffins for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert. These taste like you are eating banana bread and provide such a boost of nutrients and flavor. Perfect for my sweet tooth people!

SNICKERDOODLE PROTEIN WAFFLES

Your dreams of having snicker-doodle cookies for breakfast can be fulfilled with this breakfast! The key to making this waffle taste just like these delicious cookies is the protein powder - use the PES Science snicker-doodle flavor and your waffles will be out of this world - in both flavor and nutrition! 

CHOCOLATE CHIP SKILLET COOKIE

Think GIANT chocolate chip cookie -- but the healthiest version of that. Did this chocolate chip skillet cookie come to mind? It tastes better than it looks, and is super low sugar, since it's made with sugar free pancake syrup and unsweetened apple sauce. Preventing sugar spikes + eating something delicious = very happy person!

MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS

If you are ever craving something soft, pillowy, sweet, and chocolatey, you need these muffins! Very high in protein + fiber (with added wheat bran!) and provide you with that sweetness your body is asking you for without making your blood sugar levels and insulin levels soar. These and a glass of almond milk are the perfect combination, by the way. 

Try these...your taste buds will thank you!