With the holiday season right around the corner, many people are preparing to stuff their face with a delicious Thanksgiving meal. While most don't give a second thought to the delicacies of Thanksgiving, the holidays can prove to be a tough time for vegans. What am I going to eat on Thanksgiving? Will my family be accommodating for my dietary needs?

No need to fret, the ultimate guide to a vegan Thanksgiving is here. Send along these easy recipes to family members to encourage them to make a vegan dish, or simply try them out for yourself!  

Vegan Mashed Potatoes

A Thanksgiving staple, mashed potatoes are a fan favorite. Usually, mashed potatoes are made with boatloads of butter and heavy cream, but it is surprisingly easy to omit the dairy and make an equally creamy, vegan version. I followed a recipe for vegan mashed potatoes last year for Thanksgiving and they were a hit among my family members. Food blogger Nora Taylor whips up a simple and foolproof dish, shown above, that both vegans and non-vegans will love. The key is to use lots of vegan butter, don't be shy with it. That's what gives these potatoes a creamy finish, without all the cream.

Savory Vegan Gravy

One can't have mashed potatoes without the gravy. Luckily, there is a vegan version of traditional gravy. The animal fats and butter is substituted for vegan butter and vegetable stock. This simple, easy version of classic gravy, by Alissa Saenz, is quick to chef up and even has step-by-step photos to follow along in this recipe. 

Garlic Pan Fried Green Beans

It's never a bad idea to add some veggies to your plate, especially to balance out all those carbs on Thanksgiving. Green beans are a classic vegetable dish that pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. Even better, these skillet-cooked green beans by Minimalist Baker barely even taste like you're eating a vegetable. This vegan dish takes only 20 minutes to make, and it is a great side for your Thanksgiving table that everyone will love.

Vegan Pumpkin Pie

A Thanksgiving feast is never complete without dessert, especially pumpkin pie. A traditional pumpkin pie recipe calls for condensed milk and eggs, two strikes for vegans. No one should be deprived of eating pie on Thanksgiving just because they are vegan, so why not just make vegan pie? This delicious vegan pumpkin pie by Nora Cooks is a perfect replica of the classic recipe, and turns out good every time. It pairs perfectly with vegan whipped cream, either store bought or homemade. There are also recipes for vegan pie crusts from scratch, but to make life easier there are vegan pie crusts that are pre-made. 

Being vegan during the holidays is becoming easier with the help of great recipes like these. Now, your Thanksgiving as a vegan doesn't have to be just salad and cranberry sauce, so load up your plate and enjoy your Thanksgiving!