Outsiders who size up College Park’s food situation would most likely come to the same conclusion: “Damn, those UMD kids have a constant supply of pizza.” While this may be true, we need three things before we can actually get our fingertips on the cheesy, crispy goodness that is pizza: 1.) the time to go to Route 1 to get a slice, 2.) the energy to go to Route 1 to get a slice and 3.) the money to buy a slice once we go to Route 1 to get a slice.

So, what does a UMD student do when they’ve become so engrossed in the College Park lifestyle that she craves pizza 24/7 but barely has the resources to make it to Route 1 to satisfy these craving?

She makes her own. What makes this recipe extra special is that it requires only three ingredients and can be made in the time it takes you to get from your apartment to Blaze.

Easy

Prep Time:
 1 minute
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes

Servings:

1

1 piece of bread
Marinara sauce
Shredded cheese
Seasoning to taste
Oil or butter

Directions:
1. Take out your piece of bread and spread your marinara sauce on top. Cover with shredded cheese.

pizza

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

2. Heat it in the microwave for 35 seconds, or until the cheese on top has melted.

3. Turn your stove top on to medium-high and coat a pan in your choice of either butter or oil. At this point, you can prepare your desired toppings by combining them in a bowl for later use.

pizza

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

4. Place the bread into the pan that is heating up on the stove top.

pizza

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

5. Keep checking the bottom of the bread with a spatula to see when it has become crispy like a pizza crust.

pizza

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

6. When you think the bread is crispy enough, remove the bread from the stove with your spatula. Look for a golden-brown color to help determine when to take out your pizza.

pizza

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

7. Now, top your personal pizza with the toppings and spices that you had prepared earlier.

pizza

Photo by Mikayla Baiocchi

Look: your pizza is done and your friend just got in line at Blaze.

You win.

It seems like you’re really into pizza: