Hot chocolate, for most of us, needs no season or occasion. Be it summer, winter, fall or spring, a warm cup of rich bittersweet hot chocolate is always welcome, as it feels like a tight and warm hug, from the inside! 

Clearly, though, our love for hot chocolate becomes ten-fold during the chilly winter days when the nights are cozy and everyone is snuggled into warm blankets. It acts as the perfect mood fixer, whenever you're feeling low, or a great mug of happiness to share with a bunch of friends along with loads of memories. 

hot chocolate, Reading, cozy, blanket, Winter
Emma Salters

Often however, making the same type of hot chocolate could seem a little boring. Why drink the routine mundane recipes when you can spice up your hot chocolate mugs in so many different ways? 

Here's a recipe for the tastiest hot chocolate that I've ever made; along with a list of combinations that can be used to make it even more delicious and satisfying than ever!

Hot Chocolate

• Prep Time:5 secs
  • Total Time:10 mins 5 secs

• 4 cups milk
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1/4th cup unsweetened cocoa powder
coffee, pastry, bread, chocolate, croissant, sweet, hot chocolate, cafe, breakfast
Caroline Ingalls

Mix the milk and cocoa powder in a a medium pan on low flame till it is well combined.

cocoa, cocoa powder, chocolate

Add chocolate chips to the mix and increase the flame to make sure the chocolate is melted and the mixture is glossy and smooth.

chocolate, chips, sweet, chocolate chips, cocoa
    Caroline Ingalls

Keep the chocolate warm and serve into mugs.

cafe, caffeine, energy, Drink, hot, Cold, Winter, Fall, Pretty, plate, mug, Blue, White, Brown, milk, foam, cream, coffee, latte
    Katie Kasperson

Here's a list of all the things you can add to the above recipe to make yummier hot chocolates. (per mug)

1. Peppermint extract

2. 1/2 spoon grated orange + 1/2 tspn. sugar

3. 1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder + tiny pinch cayenne

4. 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

5. 2 oz. Bailey's irish cream 

6. 3 tbsp. caramel sauce

7. 2 tbsp. nutella + pinch salt

Top it off with marshmallows, whipped cream, cinnamon stick and caramel sauce.

Wish you a happy and warm winter guys!

PS: Too lazy to make your own cup? Check out our pick for the best hot chocolate in town!