We know it, we love it and we look forward to eating it every fall. Pumpkin pie is a familiar fall favorite, but have you ever had it as a dip? Well, look no further. Introducing my healthy pumpkin pie dip!

I've created a healthy yet delicious pumpkin pie dip that makes the perfect fall appetizer or quick dessert. If you're on a tight budget, this recipe only requires five ingredients that can be found in your pantry at home, so it's cheap and easy to make!

Did I mention that this dip is good for you? Made with pumpkin, dates and whipped cream cheese, this dip is packed with nutrients and natural sweeteners.

Healthy Pumpkin Pie Dip

• Cook Time:0

• 1 cup whipped cream cheese
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree unsweetened
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 4-5 pitted medjool dates
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • Optional Ingredients:
  • Canned whipped cream
  • 1 box cinnamon graham crackers
  • 3 apples
Marissa Rivers

Place medjool dates in a bowl of hot water. Allow to sit for one hour to soften.

Add softened medjool dates into a blender.

Add maple syrup. Combine.

Add pumpkin puree. Combine.

Use a spoon to scrape down the edges of the blender. Make sure everything is incorporated and the dates are finely chopped.

Add whipped cream cheese. Pulse blender or fold in with a spatula.

Place into a serving dish. Top with a dusting of pumpkin pie spice and a swirl of whipped cream.

Marissa Rivers

Need suggestions on what to dip? I bought cinnamon graham crackers and apples, which perfectly balanced the dip with an added crunch.

Marissa Rivers
Marissa Rivers

If you want to make this recipe even healthier, you can skip the maple syrup and adjust the amount of dates you add to control the sweetness. Instead of whipped cream cheese, you can use light cream cheese or go for a non-dairy option. 

If you make this recipe, share it with me on Twitter or Instagram @kaileykiss. Also, check out our chapter's Instagram @spoon_uf. Happy cooking, and happy fall!