Puddings are God's gifts to mankind, and should be consumed regularly by all. Nobody can (and should) say no to pudding. Especially when the pudding is chocolate. Many people haven't tried their hand at making puddings possibly due to the lack of an easy chocolate pudding recipe, and the fear of messing it up midway. But the simplicity of this recipe will make you want to treat yourself to a batch of chocolate pudding every time that sweet tooth aches. The art of making puddings will become a skill you can add to your résumé. So skip ice cream tonight and give this pudding recipe a shot. The only thing you'll regret is not having known this recipe earlier.  

Easiest Chocolate Pudding Ever

• 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 1/2 + 1/2 cups milk
  • 4 teaspoons cornflour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup melted chocolate
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
dairy product, coffee, candy, pudding, sweet, cream, milk, chocolate
Tanvi Akhauri

1. Sieve the cocoa powder into a bowl, to remove any clumps. Add sugar and mix lightly to combine.

chocolate, cocoa powder, cocoa

2. Pour in 1 1/2 cups of milk to the cocoa-sugar powder and transfer the entire mixture onto the stove, on low heat. Keep stirring the mixture till it begins to simmer, after which, remove it from the heat.

coffee, sweet, cream, milk
    Ayushi Gupta

3. In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks, 1/2 cup milk, cornflour and salt. Simultaneously (and you might need an extra hand here), pour the hot cocoa mixture into the egg mixture.

chicken, dairy product, milk, egg
    Tanvi Akhauri

4. Transfer the entire mixture back onto the stove on medium heat and stir, stir, stir. As the pudding heats up, add the melted chocolate and vanilla essence to it, and keep stirring. When it comes to a boil, remove from heat and let it cool.

kettle, coffee, tea
    Bhavya Sahay

5. Refrigerate the pudding to set for 2-3 hours. Now dig in!

pudding, sweet, milk, cream, chocolate
    Tanvi Akhauri