When the hard times (or good times for that matter) come your way, this little cookie will get you through anything. You may of course be questioning my logic. Maybe you’re pulling an Ellie from Up and thinking, “Cross your heart! Cross it!” Whatever you’re thinking I assure you that you need not confound your brain’s pressure space any longer. These cookies are your ticket to sunnier days.
Not to mention, you don’t have to feel oh so bad about these, they’re vegan.
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Servings: 24 small cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup oil (canola or olive work well)
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick oatmeal (uncooked)
2 cups dark chocolate chips (if you want sweeter cookies, try semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together, and set aside.
3. Mix oil and sugar until creamy. Add water and mix very well.
4. Add almond milk and vanilla extra. Stir until the sugar mixture until it is uniform in color.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture until the batter is smooth.
6. Add the oatmeal and chocolate chips and mix well.
Tip: At this point, I usually put the batter in the fridge so the batter will stay longer (AKA I have a prolonged among of time to eat batter and cookies.)
7. When ready to bake cookies, press the batter into compact balls. The batter is somewhat flakey, so this step is very important.
8. Bake for 10-13 minutes.