Quinoa has been a buzzword for a few years now. Walk into any trendy restaurant and you’ll probably find it on the menu. It is even creeping into dining halls.

You might have tried making it at home for a hearty lunch or filling dinner. But if you’re anything like me, you’ve probably never considered eating the grain for breakfast.

These healthy and appetizing quinoa breakfast recipes that will have you seriously rethinking your basic oatmeal.

Cinnamon Apple And Peanut Butter Breakfast Quinoa

Quinoa

Photo by Sally Zhang

This simple recipe is packed with healthy fats and uses toppings you probably already have on hand (or may be able to steal from the dining hall). This is the perfect way to give yourself a taste of fall no matter what season it is.

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola

Quinoa

Photo by Maggie Gorman

A fresh perspective on your everyday granola. This granola pairs well with fruit, yogurt and almond milk and tastes great atop oatmeal. Don’t let anyone make you feel basic for loving that pumpkin spice, especially when it’s this healthy.

Maple Quinoa Pancakes

Quinoa

Photo by Brandon Guild

The smell of these pancakes alone can make even college students wake up before noon. Definitely a must-try.

Bacon Pumpkin Quinoa

Quinoa

Photo by Hannah Lin

This savory bowl calls for a little bit of sweet, a little bit of bacon and a whole lotta delicious.

Not only is quinoa a scrumptious way to start the day, it’s a healthy superfood too. Keep that in mind as finals approach for when you need a mind boost before your O Chem exam.