Next time you don’t have an hour to cook but are starving for a hearty meal, try this recipe. It’s super easy, inexact and can feed three to four people—unless you’re just really hungry. If you like pasta, cheese and bread, keep scrolling.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
1 bag of penne pasta
1. Fill 1/3 of a pot with tap water. Bring water in pot to a boil on the stove. Cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is ready.
2. Pour the pasta and boiling water into a strainer in the sink. Mix butter evenly throughout the pasta.
2. Place a skillet on the stove and bring to a medium heat.
3. Add 3 handfuls of breadcrumbs and 1 handful of grated cheese to the skillet. Thoroughly mix the breadcrumbs and grated cheese, adding salt and pepper to taste. (This part is an inexact science. Feel free to add more grated cheese to your liking.)
4. Slowly work the mixture around the skillet using a wooden spoon, with pauses in between so the mixture has a chance to toast. Once the mixture turns entirely golden brown, it’s ready.
5. Slowly add the breadcrumb mixture to the cooked pasta, mixing thoroughly.
6. Pair the breadcrumb pasta with a yummy steak and a side of vegetables and enjoy your carb fix!