Recipe by Karen Rosenbloom, for the Brainfood event in collaboration with Spoon University X TABASCO® Brand.

Imagine you're at a diner, ordering bacon, eggs and french toast. The runny yolk meddles into the syrup from the French toast, and compliments the Classic TABASCO® Brand Sauce dabbed on the eggs. A perfect breakfast does exactly that: combines sweet and savory flavors into one perfect bite.

You will never make french toast the same way after trying this Spiced French Toast. The basis of the recipe is a classic batter made from eggs, milk, and sugar — but the kick comes in by adding a couple of dashes of Classic TABASCO® Brand Sauce into the mixture. (Special thanks to my Aunt Ami for showing me this incredible flavor combination.)

So, step away from a traditional french toast dish, and spice up your daily breakfast. The savory spice of the Classic TABASCO® Brand Sauce truly compliments the sweetness of the maple syrup. This Spiced French Toast will light up any morning.

Spiced French Toast

• 6 slices brioche bread
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp Classic TABASCO® Brand Sauce
  • 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • Real maple syrup
  • Butter

Combine eggs, milk, sugar, and Classic TABASCO® Brand Sauce in a shallow bowl, whisk until thoroughly combined.

Heat a non-stick pan with olive oil, lightly coat each slice of brioche in the egg mixture, sear on medium heat until golden brown.

Garnish with a knob of good quality butter and authentic maple syrup.