I absolutely love fall- the air gets crisper, the leaves start to change into their reds and oranges and yellows, girls swap their crop tops out for their cozy sweaters and boots, the drinks become warmer, and the baked goods take on a whole other level of cinnamon-spiced goodness. Fall baking is one of my favorite times of the year because the opportunities are endless- there are countless variations of apple and pumpkin desserts that will leave your stomach satisfied, but I find that this Easy Soft Glazed Pumpkin Cookie Recipe is one of the most delicious of them all.

Easy Soft Glazed Pumpkin Cookie Recipe

• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour almond flour also works
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice optional
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated or coconut sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter 1 stick softened
  • 1 cup Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 large egg or flaxseed egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
  • 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter softened
Isabel Acosta

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your baking sheets.

cake, dairy product, sweet
    Alyssa Robertson

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.

flour, cereal, salt
    Allison Curley

In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and 1/2 cup of butter until creamed and well blended. Beat in the pumpkin, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until fully combined and a slightly thick dough forms.

flour, dough, bread, wheat, pastry, sweet, cake, cereal
    Spoon Csu

Drop tablespoon-size balls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are firm. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire wrack to cool completely.

pastry, dough, sweet
    Sam Brosnahan

For the glaze, combine sifted powdered sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the cookies. Enjoy!

milk, cream, flour, sweet, dairy product, dairy, butter
    Clara Park
Isabel Acosta

Even if you're not a pumpkin lover, this Easy Soft Glazed Pumpkin Cookie Recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! The ingredients come together beautifully to create a melt-in-your mouth, warm cinnamon-spiced cookie that will make it impossible to have just one. I love how simple this recipe is- and what's even better is that you can make these cookies vegan by swapping the butter for vegan butter or coconut oil, replacing the egg with any of these great alternatives, and using any non-dairy milk of your preference!

There's really no reason why you shouldn't try out this delicious recipe this fall baking season. Switch it up from your classic apple pies and pumpkin breads and woo your family and friends with these flavor-filled, soft, and (here me out) moist pumpkin cookies. With a quick prep time and less than 20 minute baking time, you can whip these up easily with your friends and then cozy up on the couch to watch your favorite Halloween movie (mine has got to be Hocus Pocus). There's truly nothing better than pumpkin baked-goods during the Fall. Happy Baking!