The beginning of summer marks the beginning of the peach season! Before reaching for a processed popsicle to cool off, try out panna cotta, a cold and creamy Italian dessert that makes for the perfect summer treat. Add some peaches to take advantage of the sweet summer peaches coming into your local grocery store, and you’ll have a healthy, refreshing, peachy keen dessert! This peach panna cotta recipe comes in two servings, perfect for sharing with a friend on a hot summer day.

Peach Panna Cotta

• Peach Jelly:
  • powdered gelatine packet
  • 1 peach sliced
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • Panna Cotta:
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • cup half and half
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5 tbsp water
  • Peach Sauce:
  • 1 peach use from peach jelly
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • lemon
  • Kitchenware:
  • Small saucepan
  • Blender
  • Microwave
Kayla Nguyen

Bring 1 cup water to a simmer, add peach slices and sugar. Simmer for five minutes.

Kayla Nguyen

Remove peach slices and carefully peel off peach skin.

Kayla Nguyen

In a small bowl, sprinkle ⅓ of a packet of powdered gelatine over 3 tbsp of the peach juice. Microwave for 15 seconds, stir until dissolved, and pour back into the remaining peach juice. Mix and pour into two cups. Refrigerate for two hours or until set.

Kayla Nguyen

Add heavy whipping cream, half and half, and sugar into the saucepan and remove from heat when mixture begins to boil. Add vanilla extract.

Kayla Nguyen

Sprinkle the remaining powdered gelatine in the packet over 5 tbsp water. Microwave for 15 seconds, stir until dissolved, and pour back into the saucepan. Set aside to cool.

Pour cream mixture over set peach jelly and refrigerate until set (about three hours).

Blend peeled peach slices, the juice from ½ a lemon, and 2 tbsp sugar together.

Kayla Nguyen

Scoop peach sauce onto set cream mixture, add some thin peach slices as a garnish, and enjoy!

Kayla Nguyen