There’s something about roasting vegetables that just elevates their taste level and completely transforms them. They get soft and slightly sweet due to the caramelization and browning. Basically any vegetable can be used with this recipe, but it’s essential to keep an eye on them to ensure that they don’t burn. Try to get equally-sized vegetables so the cooking is even. Eggplant, carrots and summer squash are additional vegetables that are great when cooked in the oven.This is a healthy dish with many uses, including as just a side or mixed with pasta.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes

Servings: About 4

2 large tomatoes
2 zucchinis
1 bell pepper
pinch of salt
garlic powder

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F

Photo by Para Lotfi

2. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, depending on the size of the tomatoes. If the tomatoes are large, cut them into about 6-8 pieces. If the tomatoes are small, cut in 4. If they are very small, just cut in half.
3. Chop the zucchini into about half inch pieces, so you get circular pieces.
4. Cut the bell pepper into strips about an inch thick.
5. Place the vegetables on a pan and them in olive oil so every piece is covered.
6. Sprinkle on salt and garlic powder.

Photo by Para Lotfi

7. Cook for about 30 minutes and check on the vegetables. Flip them over and make sure none are burning.
8. Cook until slightly brown, about 15-30 minutes more. Keep checking to make sure they are not burning. If piece are, just put them on a plate and keep cooking the rest.
9. Take out of the oven and enjoy!

Photo by Parsa Lotfi