In college, breakfast is an unappreciated meal. Due to busy schedules or sleeping in, most college students skip breakfast and end up hungry for most of the day. Even if you don’t have time to run to the dining hall to grab something to go or you don’t have access to a full kitchen, making breakfast is still possible. The solution: microwave breakfast meals.

Commonly used to reheat leftovers or pop popcorn, a microwave is a perfect way to cook when you don't have access to a kitchen. With this simple kitchen appliance, making delicious microwave breakfasts is quick, easy, and saves you from eating the same dining hall food everyday.

While it is easier to skip breakfast than to deal with the hassle of cooking or running to the dining hall, eating breakfast can help you focus in class, maintain your energy, prevent you from overeating throughout the day, and overall help kick-start your morning.

With an 8 am everyday last semester, I always skipped breakfast. Even though I got a few more minutes of sleep, I couldn't concentrate in class and ended up sleeping through early morning lectures. As I searched for methods to help me eat breakfast in the morning, I realized that making microwave breakfasts were a quick and easy solution.

Here are three quick and delicious microwave breakfasts that will help you stay awake and energized during your early morning classes.

Easy Microwave Scrambled Eggs

• Cook Time:1 min 30 secs
  • Total Time:3 mins 30 secs

• 2 eggs
  • Cooking spray
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: cheese or chopped veggies
Ellie Yamanaka

Spray a microwave safe bowl with cooking spray. (This step is essential so the eggs do not stick to your bowl.)

Crack eggs into bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk eggs thoroughly and add optional toppings if desired.

Ellie Yamanaka

Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Ellie Yamanaka

Classy French Toast Casserole In a Mug

• 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • Dash cinnamon
  • 2 slices your favorite bread
Ellie Yamanaka

Cut bread into bite size pieces.

Ellie Yamanaka

Melt butter in a microwave safe mug.

Add egg, milk, and cinnamon to melted butter and mix together.

Ellie Yamanaka

Add bread to mixture and stir together until all of the bread cubes are completely coated.

Ellie Yamanaka

Microwave for 2 minutes. Add syrup if desired and enjoy!

Ellie Yamanaka

Microwave Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup milk your choice
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • Cinnamon to taste
  • 1 banana
Ellie Yamanaka

Combine milk, cinnamon, and rolled oats in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 2 minutes. While oatmeal is cooking, slice banana.

Ellie Yamanaka

Stir in peanut butter and cook for an additional minute or until oats are soft.

Ellie Yamanaka

Top with a banana and any additional peanut butter you desire. Enjoy!

Ellie Yamanaka

Microwave breakfast meals are easy to make and take as little as 5 minutes. It even allows you to multitask, as you can cook your food while you get ready. Next time you hit the snooze button for the thousandth time or get tired of the eating the same food at the dining hall, take advantage of your microwave to help kickstart your morning.