The leaves have started to change, the air is cooler, and it has become perfect weather for big scarves and sweaters. But of course, bundling up isn't my favourite part of October, celebrating Halloween is! I love everything about the month; whether it is going out, visiting haunted houses with my best friend, or staying in and watching scary movies. I also love baking during Halloween, so I decided to make these Easy Halloween Cupcakes for the month's spooky holiday, and they are the perfect addition for any Halloween event you may be planning.  

These cupcakes are light and fluffy and can keep in an airtight container for 1-2 days. If you decide to frost them, they should be refrigerated immediately until served. The recipe for these easy Halloween cupcakes was inspired by the Food Network Magazine  . You can decorate them any way you'd like, using a Reeses Cup or a handful of M & M's are two ways I highly recommend topping these delicious treats! 

Jessica Taylor

You can get most of these ingredients at your local Bulk Barn (which offers a student discount every Wednesday), as well there are always coupons to use if you are on a tight budget!

Of course, if you are vegan or have other dietary restrictions, this recipe can be easily modified to fit your needs by adding almond milk, vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), or using a flax egg in place of the regular eggs.

Cupcakes

• 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 3-4 tablespoons sprinkles
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar white
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup milk
Jessica Taylor

Heat oven to 350°, and grease your 12 cup muffin tin. (You can use cupcake liners as well).

Jessica Taylor

Whisk your flour, sprinkles, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.

Jessica Taylor

Melt your butter using the microwave for 5-10 seconds.

cream, margarine, dairy product, cheese, dairy, butter, milk
    Caroline Ingalls

In a separate large bowl, add your eggs and your sugar. Beat these ingredients with an electric mixer or stand mixer until combined.

Jessica Taylor

Add butter and vanilla to the bowl, beat until mixed. Add in your flour mixture.

Jessica Taylor

Add the milk while continuing to mix, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.

Jessica Taylor

Pour batter into the 12 cup muffin tin, being careful not to overflow your cups.

Jessica Taylor

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. (I baked mine for 21 minutes and they turned out great).

Let cool , and decorate however you want!

I topped mine with colourful buttercream and leftover Halloween sprinkles! You can also try using gummy candies or even different types of chocolate chips as some more easy toppings!

Jessica Taylor

These easy Halloween cupcakes worked out so well, I can't wait to make them again this month with friends! To turn them into the ultimate Halloween treat, try enjoying them with a spooky or not so scary film

This is a great activity to do on Halloween and you can even get all your friends involved by having a cupcake decorating party! 

Some great movies to watch are Beetlejuice, Frankenweenie, Hocus Pocus and Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas! 

Happy Halloween! 🎃