Starting a new semester means setting personal goals, one of which is usually to eat healthier. We're all human, so this may need to be done in baby steps. Start with your dessert, and satisfy your sweet tooth with these frozen banana bites.

Yes, the chocolate kind of offsets the whole "healthy" thing from the bananas. Yes, it was impossible to resist the bowl of melted chocolate in front of me while making these. But, life is about balance. Like I said, baby steps.

What's also dangerous about these is that they're bite-sized, so you can eat 20 of them in one sitting (guilty). At that point, just give up on calling this a healthy recipe. 

• Cook Time:2 hrs
  • Total Time:2 hrs 20 mins

• 3-4 bananas
  • Peanut butter
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • Toothpicks or skewers
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil optional
Jackie Kuczynski

Peel and cut bananas into thick slices.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski

Add a dab of peanut or other nut butter to the center of two slices to create a banana sandwich.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski

Place each banana sandwich on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1-2 hours.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski

Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval.

#Spoontip: Coconut oil is optional because it can be expensive, but it makes the chocolate melt down to a smoother consistency.

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski

Once your banana sandwiches are frozen, poke them with a skewer or toothpick and dip them into the melted chocolate. Transfer back to baking sheet to harden, then enjoy!

GIF by Jackie Kuczynski