If you're anything like me, carbs in the morning are a necessity to feel energized. Recently, I've made conscious efforts to cut out processed foods and refined sugars, which leaves me looking for alternatives to sugary cereals and oatmeals. That's where Earnest Eats comes in.

Earnest Eats is dedicated to providing real, whole foods for consumers. All ingredients are non-GMO, certified organic, gluten-free and sustainably sourced. Bonus: Earnest Eats donates a percentage to its proceeds to the International Rescue Committee to help refugees relocate to the United States.

So, you're not only supporting a healthy environment when buying a product from this company, but you are also supporting the entire world, whether it be locally or globally. I was fortunate enough to sample some of Earnest Eats' most popular products, and here are my thoughts. 

Choco Peanut Butter Bar

Granola bars have a bad reputation for being packed with additives, or simply just tasting inedible. Earnest Eats, however, debunks this preconceived notion and produces whole food bars that are chewy, nutritious and so tasty that you'll forget these bad boys are supposed to be healthy. 

The Choco Peanut Butter bar held a cocoa flavor that proved subtle and not overwhelmingly sweet. This bar, which is also filled with crunchy peanut butter bits, makes for a balanced snack to hold you over until dinner

Cran Lemon Zest Bar

The Choco Peanut Butter bar set my standards extremely high, and I didn't think that the cranberry lemon could meet it. However, I was pleasantly surprised when this bar became my favorite. I'm a chocolate gal, but the Cran Lemon Zest bar was so refreshing and tart that it won me over. It's perfect for the summertime heat.

Blueberry Chia Superfood Oatmeal

Also called Hot & Fit Cereal, these prepackaged grains are a warm cup to welcome the day. Consisting of a combination of different superfood grains (oats, quinoa, and puffed amaranth), this hearty breakfast will keep you full until lunchtime rolls around.

The blueberry chia flavor was packed with antioxidants that made me feel like I could conquer the world. I love the cinnamon flavor that was infused in the mixture, and I added a little bit more as well as almond milk to make for a creamy and cozy meal.

Cranberry Almond Superfood Oatmeal

I didn't think cranberries and almonds were a flavor combination that I needed to try, but Earnest Eats changed my opinion. The texture of the almond slivers and natural sweetness from the cranberries creates an addicting breakfast option that'll get you excited to wake up in the morning. 

After sampling several of the company's products, I believe that Earnest Eats should become staple in any kitchen or dorm room. With wholesome snacks and filling grains, it'll sustain you through midterms or last minute cram sessions. It's a company that focuses on bringing you healthy products and helping the community.