Before we get to these easy college breakfast ideas, allow me to indulge you with this image: the alarm clock buzzes in your ear as you roll to your other side in your soft warm bed, wishing you had never heard that dreadful sound in the first place. You know you need to get up for your 8:00am lecture that you absolutely cannot miss.

Welcome to my morning routine. 

By the time my chemistry lecture is complete, I'll do just about anything to get my hands on some breakfast. As a first-year college student living on campus at Emory, I have one of two options - drag my sleep-deprived self to the dining hall, or whip up my own breakfast concoction. Most times, I will stick with the latter!

Let's talk about how to make some ridiculously easy breakfast bowls that will be sure to make anyone want to have you as their personal chef.

BANANA OATMEAL BREAKFAST COOKIES

Sydney Barish

Prep time: 2 min

Cook Time: 6 min

Total Time: 8 mins

Servings: 5 cookies

INGREDIENTS:

1. 1 packet quick oats

2. 1/2 cup water

3. 1/2 ripe banana

Optional for topping purposes

5. Preferred nut butter spread

6. Dark chocolate

THIS IS HOW THE COOKIE CRUMBLES:

STEP 1: Mash the banana with a fork on a separate plate and set to the side.

STEP 2: In a microwave safe bowl, add your pack of instant oats, mashed banana, and water and stir.

STEP 3: Microwave the bowl of oatmeal and water for 1 minute. If not all of the liquid is absorbed, put it back in the microwave until the oatmeal appears to look thick, and borderline dry.

STEP 4: Place bowl in the fridge until it cools enough so it is cooled enough to the point where you can touch it.

STEP 5: Using a spoon, remove tablespoon sized amounts of the oatmeal mixture and form into balls that you will then flatten in the palm of your hand. About 1/2 inch thick cookies.

STEP 6: Repeat this until there is no more oatmeal mixture left.

STEP 7: Place all 5 cookies on a plate and refrigerate until firm.

STEP 8: Now your breakfast cookies are complete! Top with whatever your heart desires! The sky is the limit with this (my personal favorite combination is peanut butter and dark chocolate).

But wait-- there's more.

The weather is starting to get chilly and that can only mean one thing, other than PSL season. It's time to cozy up to a warm mug of oatmeal. Let me show you how to create decadent dark chocolatey oats.

DECADENT DARK CHOCOLATEY OATS

Sydney Barish

Prep time: 3 minutes

Cook time: 1 minute

Total time: 4 minutes

INGREDIENTS:                                                                     

1. 1 packet of quick oats.     

2. 1.5 squares dark chocolate

3. Preferred nut butter spread

4. Shredded coconut

5. Assorted nuts                     

LET'S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER:   

STEP 1: In a microwave safe bowl, add your pack of instant oats and water and stir. 

STEP 2: Microwave for 1 minute, or until all of the liquid is absorbed.     

STEP 3: While the oatmeal is still hot, take the dark chocolate and add it to the bowl and stir as the heat from the oats slowly melts the chocolate.

STEP 4: Add your toppings: that includes any of the listed ingredients here, or anything else you might desire to add.          

These creamy chocolate oats will have you full until lunch and energized throughout your morning!

And the best part? The opportunities are endless. Dress your oats however you'd like for unique and bold flavors! Remember, these are easy college breakfast ideas. Pictured here are some of my other favorites - Fruit and Nut Oatmeal Bowls.

Sydney Barish
Sydney Barish

Alternatively, if oats aren't your jam, I love to go for a good yogurt bowl. Something about a bowl of yogurt with crunchy granola and sweet dried fruit just hits the spot.

Here is one last recipe that is guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds in just the right way!

LATTE-INSPIRED GREEK YOGURT BOWL

Sydney Barish

Prep time: 4 minutes

Cook time: 0 minutes

Total time: 4 minutes

INGREDIENTS: 

1. 1 cup of greek yogurt   

2. Granola (I used a carrot cake flavor!)

3. Dried cranberries

4. Shredded coconut

5. Preferred nut butter                                                           

ALL YO(GURT)A DO IS:                                                

1. Put the yogurt in your bowl.                                         

2. Strategically place your toppings on top of the yogurt-- see how creative you can be at 8:00am!                

Now that I have given away all of my best recipes, I want to welcome you with open arms to my breakfast club! Easy college breakfast ideas have never looked this good - say "Cheerio" to your single serving container of cheerios!

If you'd prefer your breakfast in liquid form, check out these super smoothie recipes