Ice cream sandwiches are known to be the perfect summer snack, but let’s be real, how could you ever say no to the combination of raspberry and dark chocolate (even in the winter)? This, do it yourself, ice cream sandwich recipe will leave you drooling and wanting more.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 95 minutes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (do not exceed 72% cacao), coarsely chopped
1 carton of raspberry ice-cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking power, salt and baking soda – set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together brown sugar, sugar and butter with an electric mixture, until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg, egg yolks and vanilla. Then continue to beat.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet mixture and beat until smooth. Then add in chocolate chips/chunks and finish beating.
7. Spoon rounded tablespoons of dough onto a pre-greased pan.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out and let cool.
9. Spoon ice cream between two cookies and press down. Cool in freezer for an hour and enjoy!