For diehard fans of the television series Arrested Development, May 26th is a big deal. Seven years after the last episode of season three aired, the sitcom is finally being revived by Netflix, which will release all season four episodes that day.

There are a countless number of quirky references from this show, and a great deal of them have to do with food. So what better way to throw a season four viewing party than by incorporating some of these edible icons?

If you are not feeling up to braving the waters of boxed wine, hot ham water, and lethal corn ballers, try classic frozen bananas, straight from the Bluth’s frozen banana stand menu. They are simple to make and will definitely illicit a few chuckles from fellow fans.

Easy

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

4 bananas
4 wooden popsicle sticks or plastic knives
12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter

For toppings:

• The Original Frozen Banana- chopped nuts
  • The Giddy Girly Banana- any kind of colorful or heart shaped candies
  • The George Daddy Banana- sandwiched between chocolate graham crackers (for a less-messy variation, crush the graham crackers and use as a topping)

1. Peel the bananas and carefully insert a popsicle stick into one end of each. Lay the bananas on a tray and place them in a freezer.

bluth's Frozen Bananas

Photo by Myra Su

2. Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water and set on low heat. Place a bowl (one that is larger than pot, so it is able to sit on the edge) with the chocolate and butter on top of the pot to melt, stirring every so often. (NOTE: You could also use a double boiler or a microwave for this step).

bluth's Frozen Bananas

Photo by Myra Su

3. In the meantime, arrange the toppings on separate plates.

bluth's Frozen Bananas

Photo by Myra Su

4. Remove bananas from freezer. One by one, dip bananas into the chocolate. Use a knife or spoon to help cover the banana completely. (If you find the chocolate too thick to dip, try returning it to heat over the stove and adding a bit of vegetable or canola oil to help liquefy.)

bluth's Frozen Bananas

Photo by Myra Su

5. Sprinkle desired toppings onto the banana, and then return to freezer until ready to serve.

Photo by Myra Su