You just RSVP'd for an upcoming party, and now you've got to decide what on earth you're going to bring. C'mon, you can't just bring a plate of brownies or store-bought appetizer. And then you start to think about it more and wonder, "Should I cancel and just not go? What can I find at Whole Foods to make it look homemade?" 

I know I've been in this position, and until the perfect dish is found, it can be stressful. Food is arguably the most important part of the party, right? To save you precious time and money, we've got the perfect addition to any get-together: a bacon, cheddar and sour cream party dip.

This is the dip that never fails to please party goers, whether you're young, old, gluten lover, gluten hater, or a social butterfly. Best of all: it's so simple that anyone can make it.

Bacon, Cheddar, and Sour Cream Party Dip

• Prep Time:0

• 1 pint sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup bacon bits
  • 1 oz pack Hidden Valley Ranch Party Dip
sweet
Photo courtesy of Emily Doyle

Mix together the sour cream and ranch party dip in a medium size bowl with a spoon of any kind.

peanut butter, cream
    Photo courtesy of Emily Doyle

Add in the bacon bits and cheddar cheese and stir.

cake, cream
    Photo courtesy of Emily Doyle

Serve with chips of any kind and enjoy!

wheat, cereal, sweet
    Photo courtesy of Emily Doyle

Here Are Two Valuable #SpoonTips for This Particular Recipe:

1. Chips without flavor are recommended for maximum tastiness. 

2. This dip tastes even better when chilled, if you can imagine, so for refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving at your next get-together.