While I find the winter months to be a total drag, the promise of warm, hearty soup makes it hard not to look forward to the cold weather — at least a little bit. This curry cauliflower soup recipe is both flavorful and filling, and provides you with the perfect pick-me-up for a dreary winter evening.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil (optional)
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the red pepper and cauliflower and saute for another 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add curry, chili powder, and a dash or two of salt and stir to distribute seasonings.
3. Add vegetable stock and water and bring to a boil. Cover pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Let mixture cool for 15 minutes, then puree until very smooth (I like to use a hand-blender, but a regular blender or food processor will work too. If you don’t have any of these, serve the un-blended soup over rice). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Top individual servings with croutons and drizzle with olive oil (optional).